Award Winning Mixologist and Assistant Director Of Food And Beverage at Hotel Viking, Newport, Rhode Island
Christina Mercado is the founder and mixologist for ShakeStirPour. She has her M.B.A. in Hospitality as well as her A.S. & B.S. in Culinary Arts from Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI. As an award-winning mixologist and experienced pastry chef, Christina uses her passion and experiences to create unique and memorable experiences in food & beverage.
Currently, Christina is also the Assistant Food & Beverage Director at the Hotel Viking in Newport, RI where she is responsible for the programming at their two bars as well as the café. Previously, she was the Beverage Manager at The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resort Collection where she developed interactive cocktail recipes for the luxury boutique hotel and oversaw the comprehensive wine and spirits menus. Additionally she developed a regular cocktail class for locals & hotel guests, entitled "Master Mixology with Christina Mercado" which ran every Saturday at the hotel for years. Teaching these classes is what served as the initial inspiration for ShakeStirPour!
Originally from New York, Christina’s love of traveling has allowed her to take influence from global experiences, drawing inspiration from her trips to destinations such as Spain, Singapore, Thailand, and Peru. This strongly informs her creative style, allowing her to blend local ingredients with exotic flavors with the goal of creating cocktails that are ahead of the trend while maintaining a traditional element.
- 2021 Cognac Connection (BNIC), National Winner
- 2021 Hennessey My Way, National Finalist
- 2021 USBG's World Class sponsored by Diageo, Top 50
- 2020 Don Q Coquito Competition - 1st Place, "Queen of Coquito"
- 2019 USBG's World Class sponsored by Diageo, National Finalist
- 2019 Patron Perfectionists International Finalist, East Coast
- 2019 Woodford Reserve East Coast Finalist
- 2018 Art of Italicus East Coast Finalist
- 2018 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Experience - State Winner
- 2017 Bombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender East Coast Finalist
- 2017 Marie Brizard #ToastToHerstory National Finalist
- 2016 Bols Genever - Bols Around the World - North American Finalist (Top 10)